Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1. 4 Things I Did Today
- Went and worked out.
- Worked my second job.
- Fiance and I went and picked out our wedding bands.
- Did laundry.
2. 4 Things on My To Do List.
- Need to call the DJ.
- Need to contact the seamstress.
- Upload songs to my Ipod.
- Call DirectTV and add Showtime so that I can watch Dexter.
3. 4 Guiltiest Pleasures
- Love shoes. I have never found a shoe that I did not like.
- I like to treat myself to a Coach purse every few months.
- Enjoying a massage every few months.
4. 4 Random Facts About Me
- I record almost every wedding show on the air.
- I like to blog nightly.
- I pack my lunch everyday to work.
- I can fall asleep anywhere.
I am going to tag...
Budget Savvy Bride
Becoming Mrs. Jones
I can not wait to see their response.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Above is a picture of the Broomjumpinggrooms ring. He wanted a titanium or tungsten metal. These metals are do not bend like other metals do. He wanted this since he likes to work on cars and does lots of handy work around the house and did not want to risk scratching his ring. He tried on several and I even saw some that I liked that had diamonds in them, but he decided on something a little more plainer. Actually when making these types of rings they cut the metal to the exact ring size. These rings can not the stretched or cut to be resized, so they have to get it right the first time.
I think that it was a productive trip, we even looked at what we both wanted as gifts from each other for the wedding. Both of our rings are being custom made and will not be in for several week. I can wait to see them. Even better, I can not wait to wear my ring. I was thinking about putting a saying inside of my fiance's ring, but I have to think about what I want in there. Are you engraving anything inside of your wedding rings?
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Every flower girl needs to have a beautiful basket to carry for her big moment down the aisle. Today's baskets vary from actual baskets to pomanders. I have not decided yet on what I am going to have my flower girl carry yet. I am not sure how important it is to me to have petals on my aisle runner. What is your flower girl carrying?
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- Give your flower girl a buddy. Instead of having just one flower have two or three. Also instead of having more than one flower girl, have your flower girl be escorted down the aisle by your ring bearer. Either one will double your cuteness and also give the children confidence to walk down the aisle with all eyes on them.
- Make sure that you have your flower girl at your rehearsal dinner so that she can get comfortable with the space.
- Allow your flower girl's personality to shine through her clothing. Your flower girl does not have to be carbon copy of your bridesmaids. Allow her to pick her dress (with an adult of course) within your wedding color palette.
- Just like the ring bearer seat the flower girls parents near the front so that if she starts to have issues during the wedding they will be there to assist.
Most of all remember that if the flower girl, cries, resist going down the aisle or tries to steal the show, she will be the cutest young lady in the room and your guest will think that she is precious no matter what she does.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
The Broomjumpinggroom wore this shirt. It is brown with olive, black and cream stripes. He wore it with a pair of jeans ( one of the pairs that I like on him) and his brown boots. It he wore anything else..it would not look at him.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- The Poconos
- South Carolina (Newport Beach)
We are still reviewing books that she gave me so that I can go back and talk to her within a week or so. I really want to have this settled before the end of the month so that we can put a deposit on the trip and begin making payments on it. Even better the travel agent has a bridal registry that our guest who would like to pay on our trip for us instead of getting us a gift can. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a relaxing road trip?
Friday, September 12, 2008
"Don't concentrate too much on the wedding day but concentrate more on the rest of your lives. There is so much that is said in the bible about man and wife, I did not see any quotes biblical on your blog. The only way for a marriage to survive is with Jesus at the head because it is very hard to try and love someone unconditionally when we as humans are so stuck on yourselves. I wish you Godspeed on your marital journey."
When I first read this is was really offended. This fellow blogger, who would not allow me to access their blog to respond back to them personally so I am responding here. This person does not know me or my religious beliefs. My blog is a blog about my wedding planning process and not about my marriage. I may talk about my marriage once I am married. I am not saying if I agree or disagree with the comment, but this person just assumes that I believe in God, which I do believe in Jesus Christ. What if I were a Buddhist or Muslim? I have purposely not added alot about religion or my religious beliefs, because there are many different types of people that read my blog and did not want to offend any of them. My blog is meant to be light hearted and fun. The fun stuff for me is talking about all the pretty things that take place in a wedding and finding wedding inspiration to share with other brides. I feel that it is really personal to talk about how my fiance' and I are going to handle our marriage. We are not even married yet nor have had counseling with my pastor. I am not in la, la land and I know that marriage takes work. My fiance and I both know that our marriage will need to be strong spiritually, emotionally and physically for both of us to be happy.
I think that I am going to take the advice that was given to me when a fellow blogger read this message:
"I don't know what religion you are, and j*********? might have good intentions, but your marriage is between you and your husband. Not some other person.Best Wishes."
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- Put engagement announcement in the paper-- This is still not done since I do not have an engagement picture yet. I guess this will be done before the end of the November.
- Finalize guest list-- Working on it.
- Book reception band or DJ-- I have talked to the potential DJ after talking to the Broomjumpinggroom about his selection and stating to him that I was not comfortable with his friend being the DJ.
- Start registering for gifts--I think that we might want to start doing this in November. We need to decide which stores to go to. I am definitely going to Target, Walmart (damn you Walmart for low prices) and probably Crate and Barrel and Macy's. I wonder if you can register at Lowe's or Home Depot we want to do some home improvements to our home. I will have to check that out.
- Reserve a block of room for out town guest--Working on it.
- Purchase save the dates-- I think that I am making Christmas cards for my save the dates and I have to wait until I get my engagement pictures done first before I start designing these.
- Plan rehearsal dinner-- I am having my rehearsal dinner at the same location where I am having my wedding since I will be there all day setting up. We are going to have the dinner in another room in the same building. I was trying to think of a theme for the evening, to make it a little more fun. We love Mexican and Italian, so that will probably be one of the food choices. Have any ideas?
- Start working on and finalize invitation wording-- Since I am making my own invitations I have started playing with designs and wording.
- Finalize menu with caterer--I have an idea for the wedding menu and have briefly discussed it with the caterer.
- Research and purchases wedding insurance--I need to research what wedding insurance is first before I add an additional expense. Is anyone out there purchasing this?
According to My Knot, I have 30 days to get most of this done. Some of this looks like the same stuff that I needed to do at the 8 month mark. I got somethings to do. How about you?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
I love shoes. I have already purchased my shoes for the wedding, but I am always on the look out for more. Here are a few sites that you can find some shoes for yourself or your bridal party.
I have not used any of these sites, but I look often to see what it out there. If you can not find anything there you might want to check out eBay. Below are a few styles that I like.