Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
If anyone out there is having a Halloween wedding and would like to share your ideas or photos, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will post them. Happy Hallowedding!!!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
1 cup butter, softened
8 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Mix all the ingredients together with a mixer until well blended. Roll dough into round small balls.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool completely then roll in additional confectionery sugar.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Well, time is winding up and I need to be doing something almost every day. Let's see where I am on my list.
- Contact newspapers to announce your engagement (you may need to have an engagement photo taken as well). I still have not done this. I will check this week to see how much it is to put it in the paper.
- Finalize the guest list. I am pretty much done with this, but I still need to review it.
- Book reception band or DJ. We are going to have a DJ and I just need to finalize things with him and get the contract.
- Start looking into registering for gifts. We probably will not do this until after the holidays, we pretty much know where we are registering.
- Choose your florist and send a deposit to reserve their services. I have visited a florist for my bouquet and will be making the rest of the floral arrangements with a friend.
- Register for your wedding gifts, and don't forget to include some choices appropriate for your upcoming bridal shower or engagement party as well. I have not do this yet. My bridal shower is not until March so I probably will not do this until January.
- Set aside blocks of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests. Have been looking into this since my fiance's family lives out of town, should have this done my the end of the month since I want the information on my save-the-dates.
- Purchase and send guests save-the-dates if your celebration is over a holiday weekend or at a faraway locale. I will be ordering these by next month since I making into Christmas card and want them out before the holiday rush.
- Book ceremony musicians and send deposit. We will be using out DJ and we need to talk my fiance's sisters about singing at the wedding.
- Start planning the rehearsal dinner. We are having the rehearsal dinner at the same place that we are getting married at. I just need to decided if I want to have it catered or just cook.
- Start working on your invitation wording and design. I just spent this past Saturday looking for wedding invitations and how I want them worded.
- Finalize menu and service details with caterer. Still working on this.
- Finalize your invitation wording. Still working on this.
- Order your invitations and announcements (don't forget plenty of extra envelopes). Will try to have this done before the end of November.
- Research and purchase wedding insurance, if necessary. Probably not going to get this. Is anyone getting this?
- Decide on a floral scheme, choose flowers, and negotiate prices with florist. Be sure to sign a contract outlining what you agreed upon. I have pretty much worked out what I want the scheme to be with the person who is doing my floral design.
- Start thinking about flower arrangement styles you like, and figure out what flowers will be in season on your wedding day. Per previous posting..I have this part figured out.
- Grooms: Decide what style of formal wear you will be wearing. The men will be wearing brown suits. Actually they are going this weekend to pick them out.
- Reserve tables, chairs, and/or other rental equipment you'll need (unless caterer or site is taking care of it). I need to reserve tablecloths, chairs and some table. I will have to work on this with my mom.
- Grooms: Start looking to buy or rent tux suit, or other formal attire. He will be buying a suit like the groomsmen.
- Book a calligrapher. Probably will not have one of these, too costly.
- Book rehearsal dinner site. The site will be the same as the wedding site.
This is a long list. I will check in a few weeks to let you know where I am in the process.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
(hairstyles are from here)