Friday, June 20, 2008

Hele mei hoohiwahiwako maua la male'ana


Ho' olaule' a means celebrate in Hawaiian. I bet you are thinking what does the title phrase mean. It means , "Come celebrate our wedding day." We are planning a luau, feast, for our engagement party. The Broomjumpinggroom and I usually have a 4th of July party and have decided to make it a two for one. We are cheap and why fed people twice, when we have other things to take care of for the wedding. I recently finished our invitations for the party and they are ready to go into the mail tomorrow.














They started like this......and ended like this.





(inside)






(outside)



Now, all I need to do is plan for the party and turn our back yard into a Hawaiian paradise. I have already told some people about the party who usually attend our 4th of July bash. I have asked each guest to wear their Hawaiian attire to make the luau a little more festive. I am sure my ku'uipo (sweetheart) and I will have a great ho' olaule'a (celebration) with all of our friends and family.


If you are planning a Hawaiian themed party or wedding check out this website for more ideas. Click here.


No comments: