Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Trends--- Homemade Favors

Favors are a big deal at a wedding. It is a way that the bride and groom express their thanks to their guest. Making the favors are a cost effective way to do this. When I was planning my wedding I knew that I wanted to have Cd's. I thought that the Cd's were really reflective of my husband and I as people, especially since we love music and our friends know that. I made two Cd's one that had christian music on it, since I had alot of people from my church and did not want to offend them, and one with secular music on it. I must admit that downloading the music and burning 200 Cd's was time consuming but it was worth it.  I have received lots of comments about the CD and people are still jamming to them today.

I did not want to leave the few kids and the kids at heart out, so I made a coloring book that had the bridal party in it along with some puzzles. I had to admit that I stocked up on crayons to give with the coloring books, during back to school season which made them boxes really cheap. Click here to see my previous post about the coloring books and the link to make one of your own.



Here are some of the cost effective ideas that you might be able to use:
  • Cd's
  • Have a food item as a favor such as jam with the wedding label on it or cookies in the shape of the first initial of your last name.
  • Bookmarks
  • Bottle stoppers
These are a few ideas, but find the one that is right for you.

When choosing a favor, make sure that it something that is cost effective, that your guest can use after the wedding, something that will make them remember your special day every time that they use it and that it reflects you.

1 comment:

Peter Sticha said...

That is amazing with all you did for your wedding. I am very impressed with how hands on you are. Many people do not have the time or patience to do all of that. Another option is to find affordable favors online. This provides a wedding couples with a large number of options for favors