Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wedding Weekend

The past few days have been busy. On Friday, my mom and I went and put the deposit on the linens for the wedding. Of course, I thought that I knew what I wanted, but of course when I went there all that went out of the window. What I ended up was half brown linens and half aqua. Which would work out great. When at the rental company, I also saw so other things I liked....like pot lights. The pot lights will show the aqua color on the walls, I thought that it would look nice during the reception. Have to think about the cost of that..those will be will a last minute budget decision.

As I previously reported, that one of my bridesmaids needed to have some material added to her dress. On Saturday, my mom and I went to the bridal store that I ordered the dresses from and ordered the material. The store stated that I should have it by the end of the month and that they would ship it to me. I am glad I got that taken care of. While we were out, we went to Jo-Ann Fabrics to look at patterns for a flower girl dress. I have been looking for some time for a dress for my flower girl, but I thought it was totally unreasonable to ask her mother to buy a dress for a child for $70.00. Well, we found a pattern that we liked and they were on sale so I only paid $1.00 for it. The fabric that I selected was on sale and of course my mom had her Jo-Ann's coupon from this weeks paper so we got 40% off the zipper for the dress. So without my mom's time and labor the materials to make the dress were a whole $14.00. That beats $70.00.

On Sunday I had to be resized for my bra for my dress. I recently had lost some more weight, which made my bra gap at the top and not fit right for my wedding dress. When I went back to Barbara, the bra lady, she was amazed how much the bra had changed since she fitted me last month. Well, by time she got done I was down a cup and band size for the bra. Yeah!!

I have also been working on my cake topper, bathroom boxes and invitations, I will post about those later. So I have been busy and that was my busy weekend.

No comments: