Friday, October 3, 2008

Wedding + Economy = Budget


In recent days there has been lots of talk about money and state of the economy. I realize that there are more important things that you can spend your money on besides a wedding, like a mortgage, car payment or paying on a credit card. Like with anything else, planning a wedding budget is just like a household budget. You need to live within your means or for the purposes of this blog plan your wedding within your means. So what, if you have to be a little more of the DIY Diva or you have to substitute one thing for another, still make your day all that you want it to be. Really the day is just a day, what you really are planning for is life. Are you changing anything about your wedding or cutting anything out due to the state of the current economy?

4 comments:

Patti said...

The economic situation is definitely salient for me when it comes to our budget. I haven't had to cut anything yet, but I think that's partly because I went in knowing our budget was small, and that we'd need to prioritize. Some things never were on the list.

I agree wholeheartedly, the wedding is just one day that marks the beginning of your married life together. After its over you still need to be able to pay the light bill :)

Irène Letellier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Mary Mack said...

We started off with a what I thought was a decent budget...turns out I low-balled it too much and we over spent our budget BIG TIME. We still sacrificed some things just to make sure that we could still eat after the wedding though, and I did a few DIY projects (programs, favors, and I did all of our decor "stuff".

Anonymous said...

i can´t afford the marriage i want..