Monday, August 11, 2008

Meet the Florist

I went to my first florist appointment on Saturday. Well, it was certainly obtained lots of information of new flowers that I had not thought of. I went in with the thought of just looking at hydrangeas (my favorite), tulips and peonies. Well learned that their are some flowers called cabbage roses (which I am not much of a rose girl) that look like peonies, but are a little cheaper. I also learned that carnations can take a liking and keep on ticking. The florist at
Cua of Columbus, stated that someone in your bridal party could throw their carnation bouquet before the ceremony and it still will look brand new. I definitely will be getting my bouquet there and maybe the Broomjumpinggrooms boutonniere, I will have to look at the budget to see if I will be getting real or silk for the rest of the wedding party. I am going to look at one or two other florist to see what their pricing is. Below is what I am looking at for my bridesmaids to carry and for chair decorations, but in carnations.
What are you doing for ceremony? Real, silk or combo? I will keep you posted on what I decide.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I hadn't thought about the cabbage roses. They sure are a pretty alternative to the peony!

Ellen Mint said...

It probably makes me weird but I've always really like carnations. You can turn them any color you want, that's really cool.