Saturday, May 31, 2008

Let's do the Cha-Cha Slide

Whew!! I am tired. I had such a workout this evening. My sorority Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc Columbus Alumni Chapter held "Steppin with the Sigmas" this evening. At this event we were taught several different line dances and how to do Chicago two stepping with a partner. The event was taught by Marc, of Steppin in the City Productions, and he teaches classes all over Columbus. I have been trying to get into his line dancing classes for years, but they fill up so quickly. It was great. I knew some of the line dances and look forward to having a 20-30 minutes of line dancing at my reception. A couple of my bridesmaids were there and I told them to get ready to work it out at the reception. It was fun, but it was definitely a work out. I came all cute in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops and I really needed to have on was my exercise clothes. I am sure since I danced for almost 2 1/2 hours I had to sweat off at least 10 pounds
(I wish).

Some of my sorority sisters and I at the event.

The second part of the class was Chicago two step. This type of dancing is done with a partner. It was nice to see the couples dancing. It made me wish that my fiance was there so that we could learn it. Watching them, I think that I am going to have my fiance and I look into taking a dance lessons with Marc instead of taking the same ole' ballroom dance that everyone takes for their first dance. I think us doing Chicago two step would make our first dance more interesting.

To the left, to the left, to the right to the right.

This my cousin Nicole, in the skirt, and my sorority sister Robinette getting their step on.






If you have different dance ideas, reply to this post. I would love to share your thoughts of what your first dance would be like or different forms of dance that you take part in.

1 comment:

MThornton said...

I would LOVE to step at our wedding. If only we had time to take a class!!!