Thursday, May 15, 2008

One flew over the Birdcage

I realized after trying on wedding dresses, that I really was not feeling a traditional veil. I was not sure how I felt it looked on me. Since I had not officially made my decision on a veil, I started looking into hair jewelry and flowers that I could wear. When visiting , Kate's Wedding, I stumbled upon a posting about her birdcage head piece. I visited several websites to get an idea of the cost of the veil and found them ranging from $45.00 to $200.00. I am not about to pay $200.00 for a veil since my dress what only $250.00. Below are a few pictures of some of the birdcage veils that I liked.









I really like these birdcage veils. They give a flare and allow you to show you without all the fuss of a piece of long fabric in your face, that may catch fire as you light the unity candle ( I have seen it before). If you want a long veil you can have a long ( with extra fabric in the back) or a very simple short one. They are as varied as the bride.





When searching on the web, I located a few websites that have these birdcage veils, where all of these photos came from. I have found that these site help spark your imagination, of all the of the head pieces that you can wear for your big day.








The more that I looked at these photos, I thought to myself that I could make this myself. I found few DIY birdcage websites.




I think that I am going to try to make one. I am going to wait until I get a 40-50% off coupon from Jo-Ann Fabrics and get my materials. It may take a few tries and lots of fiddling but I am going to give it a shot. How bad could it be. I have plenty of time to get it right.

(all photos from Castle Bride Couture,Birdcage Veils and Distinctive Veils)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh how exciting! I can't wait to see what you cone up with!

tina said...

Have you checked out these sites:
http://www.artikal.com/bridal.htm and qgdesigns.etsy.com. They're pretty affordable.

Dana said...

I have not been to that website. Thanks Tina. I will check it out.