Monday, May 26, 2008

Wedding Tip of the Week: Fancy Feet

When I was thinking of my bridesmaids, I thought about what I would want as a gift. You know the standards, jewelry(which mine will probably get), gift cards or perfume. I want to give my bridesmaids something that they could use during the wedding and after. I want to gift them something that I would want. Who would not want a pair of flip flops. I love flip flops. If I could wear them in the winter in the midwest and not get frost bite on my toes, I would. They can use these flip flops when they want to get out of their shoes for wedding and wear them after the wedding. I do not want to give ordinary flip flops, I want to give them something unique.




This weekend Kmart had flip flops on sale for $1.99, even though I do not get married until next year I could not pass up a sale. Getting them early gives me time to customize them. If you are crafty you too can make some for yourself and for your bridal party.


Make Your Own Wedding Flip Flops


Supplies


  • Glue Gun/Glue Sticks or Strong Craft Glue
  • Embellishments such as pearls, crystals, ribbon, studs, material or whatever else that you want to fancy up your flips
  • Flip Flops

When I make "fancy" flip flops I purchase ones like the ones shown at the right. You can use a flat flip flop or one with the wedge, either one can be dressed up.


Instructions

  • Choose a flip flop in the color and style that you want.
  • Pick out your embellishments. Embellishments can be consistent with your theme for your wedding. I choose these aqua ones (photo above) since my colors are aqua and brown.
  • Let dry for at least 24 hours (even with using the glue gun) before wearing.
  • Enjoy having "fancy feet" at your event.

Here are some ideas of ways that you can embellish your flip flops.











There are some flip flops websites that you can get embellished flip flops, if you are not the crafty type. The few that I found were Floppy Jos and Tippy Toe Flip Flops. If these sites do not have what you are looking for, I can. If you want "fancy feet", I can work with you to customize the perfect, pretty and comfortable flip flop for your event. For pricing and discussion of designs, contact me at broomjumpingbride@yahoo.com.



Don't let your day be ruined by hurting feet, make them "fancy" feet. Stay tuned for photos of some of the flip flops I have created.

3 comments:

Erica said...

You should just be glad I didn't post the shot from the front! ;-)

Kate said...

Thanks for the comment! Cute blog

Kelly said...

the navy blue flip flop with the pink ribbon is very jcrew and fabulous.