Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wedding Tip of the Week: Cocktails....Anyone?

Open bar or pay? When having a bar..you need to think of how much you want to spend on the spirits that you will be serving. To cut cost, have a signature drink at your wedding. Having a signature drink allows you purchase on type of liquor instead of purchasing several different kind. Since my colors for my wedding are tiffany blue and brown, I have been looking for an aqua blue spirit to serve. In my search for the right drink, I have come across a few websites that have given me some ideas on what to have. The websites are:






Cocktail.com
Cocktails Recipes
All Recipes






When looking on these websites I found a few recipes for aqua drinks ( that I would of course try out first) that I would rename for my wedding to make it my own signature. I have listed a few of the recipes below:



Blueberry Martini (renamed Blue Love)

  • 1 wedge of lime
  • a few fresh blueberries
  • 1 part blueberry syrup
  • 2 parts vodka
  • Shake together with ice and enjoy.
Kamikaze Blue (renamed Karma Sutra)
  • .5 shot vodka
  • .5 shot DeKuyper Blue Cuacao
  • .5 shot lime juice
  • Shake with ice and strain into a shot glass.


When having a bar, have your bartender be mindful of guest who may of had a little to much. Having the bartender do this allow for them to make the call if the guest has had to much and switch that guest gin and tonic for a glass of Sprite. This can be done at an open or pay bar and also make you not look like a bad host. You want your guest to have fun and to be safe. Always remember to drink responsibility, so that your day can be a day that you and your guest can remember forever.



No comments: