Wednesday, June 11, 2008

304 Days to Go and Counting

Well, it is official..I have 10 months to go. It seems like sometimes I am moving in slow motion and I know I need to get myself in gear there are so many little things that I need to complete. According to the knot I should get the following things done before July 11.




          1. Contact newspaper to announce your engagement (you may need to have an engagement photo taken as well). --This one is kinda hard since we will not take our engagement photo until the end of July or the middle of August.

          2. Finalize the guest list. -- We are pretty much done with this. We may need to make some finagling on this.

          3. Sign your caterer contract and send in a deposit. --I have talked to my cater and he has given me an estimate. I just need to pin him down for a contract.

          4. If you've chosen an outdoor ceremony or reception site, look into tent and lighting rentals.
            Set up appointments with various florists to discuss options. --Do not have to worry about this since I am having an indoor ceremony.

          5. Interview and get price lists from several photographers and videographers. --Check this is done. I have my photographer and my best friends husband is video taping.

          6. Book reception band or DJ, sign the contract, and send a deposit. --I am between two DJ's right now. We will definitely make a decision before the end of the month.

          7. If you plan to use frequent flyer miles to travel to your honeymoon destination, book your flight now. --- Per my previous post about the honeymoon, this will not be an issue for us.




          To add to this I am currently working on my engagement party invitations. We usually have a 4th of July party and decided to have our engagement party the same day. Why feed folks twice? I will post how I made my invitations later. Well back to the planning..there is so much left to do.

          No comments: