Monday, July 7, 2008

Aqua and Brown Cakes


I have recently been talking alot about what type of cake that I want for my wedding. It has been suggested to me that I book a baker soon since I am having my wedding during a holiday weekend. I am currently contacting bakers that either my friends or co-workers have used for their weddings to set-up cake tastings. I have a favorite bakery by the name or Reesch, but I do not know if I will be able to afford them. I want my cake to have a few flavors, like butter, red velvet, chocolate and carrot cake. I do not want fondant on my cake and would prefer a really good butter cream icing to be used. These photos are some of inspiration of the direction that I want my cake to look like. I really want it to incorporate both of my wedding colors. I will keep you posted on what the final cake will look and taste like. Which cake do you like the best? What does or will your wedding cake look like?

(photos from Martha Stewart and Instyle Weddings)

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I am not having a cake, but after looking at these photos, I sometimes wonder why not?! They are soo pretty! And yup, skip the fondant and go with real frosting! ;)

Angela said...

Your inspiration board turned out really well!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely collection of cakes!