Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Pink is a pretty color. I think that it is soft and flowing. I love the recent color combinations, like pink and brown. The pink candy photo looks yummy and I like the variation of shades of pink in the glass. Of course I love the shoes.
( all photos from The Knot and Yahoo and MSN images)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
- Ribbon in the Sky by Intro
- All I Do is Think of You by Troop
- You by Jesse Powell
- No Ordinary Love by Sade
- Moments in Love by Art of Noise
- Helpless in Love by New Edition
- He Loves Me by Jill Scott
- I Need Love by LL Cool J
- Our Story by Ruben Studdard
- I Do Not Want to do Anything by Mary J. Blige and K-Ci
- Your All I Need to Get By by Mary J. Blige and Method Man
- Love by Musiq
- Love and Happiness by Al Green
- Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- Endless Love by Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey
- So Amazing by Luther Vandross
- Let's Chill by Guy
- How Deep is Your Love? by Keith Sweat
- All Cried Out by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
- Forever My Lady by Jodeci
- U and I by Jodeci
- Let's Get Married by Jagged Edge
- If You Love Me by Mint Condition
- Spend My Life With You by Eric Benet and Tamia
I think I could go on and on, but I am sure there are some songs I have not heard in years that I would like to put on the CD as well. I think that I am going to email my bridal party and ask them their favorite slow jams. What are yours? Share and reply to this post.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Purple is a pretty color. There are so many different variations of the color. Purple can be vibrant and mellow all at the same time. It definitely adds a punch, especially when paired with other colors. I really love the shoes on this inspiration board. I think that the heels would be perfect for the bride and the low ones with the stones on them would be good for bridesmaids.
(all pictures from The Knot and Yahoo images)
Monday, July 21, 2008
To continue my color week...which has gone on longer than a week since I went out of town and was not able to blog, is the color blue. Blue can be used in a theme wedding, like nautical or beach theme, and as an accent color. The color blue seems to create a relaxed and casual atmosphere. My favorite pictures are the ones with the monograms. I really like how the bride tied everything together.
(All pictures are from Yahoo images and The Knot)
Friday, July 18, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Well it may not make your fella happy, but it definitely would make a bride happy with this perky color. Yellow seems to just liven the place up and make everyone happy. I really like the picture of the rose balls, which I am using somewhere in my wedding but with another flower. I also like the picture of the rings in all the different sizes of candy. For all you brides who are using yellow, how are you using it in your wedding?
(pictures from The Knot and Yahoo Photos)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Red is not in my wedding color scheme, but since I have been researching wedding items, I have come across some beautiful inspirational weddings in other colors. This week I will be posting about the inspirations that I have found. I hope that it helps and maybe even inspires you.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
- Write title of your own memoir in 6 words.
- Post it to your blog.
- Link the person who tagged you.
- Tag 5 more people.
Sometimes I think this game is more work that when we were kids running around chasing one another. Well, then again I think I rather use my mind and wit and exercise by fingers instead of running around trying to hit someone.
Well, here goes my title:
"Still Standing; In Her Flip-Flops"
When I thought about this title, I kinda chuckled to myself. I thought about all the things that I can do in favorite shoe the flip flop. I can argue in a business meeting, walk several miles, clean my house, wash my car and so much more. Flip-flops are bendable and colorful, thus they can be cleaned up and stylish...kinda like me. When life gets me dirty I can always clean up my stylish self, like you can do with flips flops and still be standing. They are versatile like my personality and my wardrobe.
Friday, July 11, 2008
- Put engagement in the paper - Well I still have not done this since we will not take our engagement pictures until September.
- Finalize guest list--This is a rotating list. People come and people go off it. I am sure I will have a final list by September.
- Sign a contract with caterer.--I am currently stalking my cater (he is a friend of the family) for a contact and his proposed menu based off what I emailed him what I wanted.
- Set up appointments with florist.--I am kinda done with this. I have spoken with the lady that is doing my reception and wedding decor. I just need to speak to someone about my wedding bouquet.
- Book a DJ.--On the list to complete this week.
- Start looking at gift registries.--I do not need to do this I am only scanning one thing..A red Kitchenaide mixer. Oh ,I guess I should allow the Broomjumpinggroom to register for things that he wants. I guess that is a part of that partnership thing, huh.
- Start speaking with ceremony musicians.-- I just need to find the CD of the song that I want and I need to speak to the Broomjumpinggroom's sisters about singing during the ceremony. How many songs do you need in the ceremony anyway?
- Think about how to wear you hair.--Right now since, my hair is still growing out...all I can think about is how much weave I will have in my head and how much time I am going to use on my honeymoon taking it out.
- Look for a baker.--I am all over it. I have several calls out to set up cake tasting and pricing meetings.
- Reserve photographer and videographer.--Check, DONE!! I have had my photographer for months and my best friends husband is done the videography.
So out of 184 to do's. I have 28 done. I have a long way to go and not alot of time to get it all done. Keep you posted on my progress.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Groom's cakes have been around for ages. The originally a groom's cake was a standard cake that, was similar to the wedding cake, but make completely of chocolate. Traditionally, groom's knew they were getting this cake, but today more and more brides are choosing to surprise their grooms. These cakes vary from the very traditional to the very creative, reflecting everything from hobbies, jobs to sports. I am thinking of getting my Broomjumpinggroom a cake for the wedding. I am leaning towards something with his fraternity, a car or gardening on it. I just need to find someone to make it. Well...just add something else to the to do list. Are you getting your groom a groom's cake?
Monday, July 7, 2008
I have recently been talking alot about what type of cake that I want for my wedding. It has been suggested to me that I book a baker soon since I am having my wedding during a holiday weekend. I am currently contacting bakers that either my friends or co-workers have used for their weddings to set-up cake tastings. I have a favorite bakery by the name or Reesch, but I do not know if I will be able to afford them. I want my cake to have a few flavors, like butter, red velvet, chocolate and carrot cake. I do not want fondant on my cake and would prefer a really good butter cream icing to be used. These photos are some of inspiration of the direction that I want my cake to look like. I really want it to incorporate both of my wedding colors. I will keep you posted on what the final cake will look and taste like. Which cake do you like the best? What does or will your wedding cake look like?