Well, let's see where I am on my wedding checklist. It does not seem like I have not gotten alot done. I have lots of ideas running through my head, but for some reason I do not have alot accomplished on my list. Here is goes:
- Put engagement announcement in the paper-- This is still not done since I do not have an engagement picture yet. I guess this will be done before the end of the November.
- Finalize guest list-- Working on it.
- Book reception band or DJ-- I have talked to the potential DJ after talking to the Broomjumpinggroom about his selection and stating to him that I was not comfortable with his friend being the DJ.
- Start registering for gifts--I think that we might want to start doing this in November. We need to decide which stores to go to. I am definitely going to Target, Walmart (damn you Walmart for low prices) and probably Crate and Barrel and Macy's. I wonder if you can register at Lowe's or Home Depot we want to do some home improvements to our home. I will have to check that out.
- Reserve a block of room for out town guest--Working on it.
- Purchase save the dates-- I think that I am making Christmas cards for my save the dates and I have to wait until I get my engagement pictures done first before I start designing these.
- Plan rehearsal dinner-- I am having my rehearsal dinner at the same location where I am having my wedding since I will be there all day setting up. We are going to have the dinner in another room in the same building. I was trying to think of a theme for the evening, to make it a little more fun. We love Mexican and Italian, so that will probably be one of the food choices. Have any ideas?
- Start working on and finalize invitation wording-- Since I am making my own invitations I have started playing with designs and wording.
- Finalize menu with caterer--I have an idea for the wedding menu and have briefly discussed it with the caterer.
- Research and purchases wedding insurance--I need to research what wedding insurance is first before I add an additional expense. Is anyone out there purchasing this?
According to My Knot, I have 30 days to get most of this done. Some of this looks like the same stuff that I needed to do at the 8 month mark. I got somethings to do. How about you?